Thursday, July 24, 2008
Frank from outback steak house and 2 of the girls who worked there, got to be part of G-d's provision. the made amazing food for these tired guys!
the guys showered and dressed up "real purdy" for their outback dinner :0)
very often they came in shifts, and would eat then releive other strike teams so they could eat too. this made dinner from 5-8pm. usually. lunch however was 11-3pm. everytime we packed it up, there would be a new truck rolling in!
the news guys were great. i loved hearing their stories from all the years they have been doing this. they worked for world news tonight and the morning one too. so since i am TVless, if anyone taped it, please share. ( ok i have a TV but no cable, signals, etc cuz i am too far up the mountain. but we watch alot of movies. the sad thing is i moved and now hereos is coming back! i love heroes! and no DSl means no watching it on line like last year while finishing the textual criticism classes)
Friday, July 11, 2008
Hush Hush Handspun Hootenanny Questionaire
1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself?
September...2006 i think
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)?
2ply, cable ply, or navajo ply
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?
I can do both but my kids have my spindles currently
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don’t like?
I love merino and alpaca but camel has been my fave so far....oh bamboo too
5. Who are your favorite crack dealers fiber sources (etsy or otherwise)?
dizzy ewe, yarn basket in chico and heartstings also in chico
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
i am intrigued by carbonized bamboo and the seacell stuff that reminds my of princess bride ....i cant remember the name.
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn?
i would love to just spin better
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
i have not ventured beyond koolaid and wilton's yet
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
I have hand carders and a flick carder. and cat combs :0)
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
put it in a pretty wooden bowl and stare at it
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
I need a diz, cant think of anything else...i do loose my orifice hook alot heehee. i hope i am not the only one!
12. What colors “fall into your shopping basket”? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Blue (cobalt) and purple and green make me happy.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
burgandy merino silk that my daughter picked out for her socks. i spun most of it only about 1 oz to go. yippee!
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
I was homeschooled and i homeschool the kids, so you name it, we do it :0)
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
Darfur, feeding firemen so they have the strength to save our homes...my daughter's trip to rwanda.
16. Do you have an online wishlist?
amazon-link on the side? i hope
17. Is there anything that you collect?
kids, yarn, ladybugs. i have a new home with about 20 roses bushes does that count
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have?
sadly no subscriptions. now that i am even farther away from town i should do something about that
19. When is your birthday?
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
well serendipity i swear is how i met my hubby. :0) must buy that movie!
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)?
It’s gets hot but not humid. hurray. the fires have effected our climate so i am not sure what real weather is like at our new house. but i get snow in winter :0)
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself!
I can stand to have silverware touch the table.
hmm, on ravelry if you go to the artwalk group you will see alot of my favourites :0)
chagall, monet, and some more obscure painters
dark chocolate and anything with hazelnuts (lived in italy and grew up on nutella)
Indian masalaa and Middle Eastern
The Princess Bride and anything jane austen or movies my grandad made (ben hur, raintree county, stay away joe, attack of the killer tomatoes)
i dont have TV anymore cept for movies. i love gilmore girls, house, numb3rs, heroes....grey's
Ted Dekker has been freaking me out lately
um.....yarn and books