Friday, June 27, 2008
Aunt Kathy wins a Sockaida sock bag.
Shan wins Becka's last day yarn from lorna's laces (sheperd sock)
email me your addresses and after the 4th of july i will send you prizes.
also leslie wind has a special prize donation that i have to give away too :0)
but i am soo exhuasted!
and gotta get some sleep and zemeira only like the numbers 16 and 18 today, so we will pick a new winner later.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
we have freezers that can't even be opened up b/c they are so full.
i got a massage therapist here working on guys as they come off their trucks...she could use help if there is any one in the paradise area who wants to rub down some exhausted firefighters!
men in uniform in the kitchen making US dinner tonight!? is there anything cuter than that?!
i started out tuesday thinking we can do better, we can treat these guys better.
now i am amazed at the out pouring of our community to the brave guys.
i really dont think we can do any better than what has been done.
NO MORE FOOD needs to be brought for the next 24 hrs.
spoken to soon! another truck load of food.
please send chapstick, baby wipes, baby powder....oh, and eyedrops!
and stop calling the church at night! there are firefighters trying to sleep. :0)
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
the new house is wonderful.
and for a while there no Phone
we are under a thick veil of smoke. last night i had the honour to feed 30 some firefighters who are trying to keep the fires back from our homes. they are bay area guys, warf rats, and el cerrito, and i forget the rest.
after working at the house i was going to skip prayer that night, but shmuli was unlocking the church and the guys were asking to please use the bathroom. turned out these guys had been living off power bars and MRE types of stuff. so we ran dowm to buy them chicken and food, while at Holiday ( our local grocery), the deli workers bought and contributed food, the customers and the manager by the time we left had filled us up with 2 carts of food.
so we got to feed these wonderful guys a worthy meal.
then they were gonna sleep on the trucks and the rocks!
so Shmuli got the church all set up for them to sleep in there. way up at the new house the fire fighters are in a cushy bunk house with freezers of food, but the magalia strike forces are just out there. :0(
so we got a team to feed them breakfast this morning.
i am gonna try to get the Fit1 to give them showers. and we got them set up with a washer and dryer.
so the contest!
i know yopu are all dying to know who wins becka's last day yarn!
well first an update on becka, her surgery went well. HURRAY! HusBoy called me and let me know she was good. we have no cell reception at the house. its like i live in a cyberless bubble! but i did finally get the message.
i have to get my hubby off for his "MAN retreat" guns and bibles ya know.
then i will pull a name using the random number generator tonight. :0)
pray for our smokey lungs! (even my roses are covered in ashes)
and pray for our firefighters
Thursday, June 12, 2008
this is just a quick note to let you know 2 things.
1- I am in the middle of moving, so it may take me a while to get back to you, but I am not ignoring any of you, promise! :0)
2- We have a fire that has shut down alot of our main roads off the mountain. as of this morning it is over 6,000 acres and 10% contained. Hubby works in the "city". Our friends are with the fire department. Please pray for everyone's safety. They say it is coming north towards town (Paradise). (Also I have a lil girl with asthma-so Smoke is Bad)
Monday, June 09, 2008
Saturday, June 07, 2008
the cotton is perfect for my new blue and white kitchen :0) and the lamb is so cute! the kids already stole the lil books she sent for them.
the book is full of new house pattern ideas. and i used the tongs to get artichokes out of the pot tonight. seriously! these are awesome! even the loose leaves were able to be caught quickly!
Thanks So much!
Tali is cute, isnt she. it has nothing to do with june though
but, kezzi spinning with a navajo spindle at the threshing bee, is very June.
this year the threshing bee and shavuot are at the same time. which is really cool. it is all harvest themed. we will be there again tomorrow.
Wanna know what else we have going on this month?
Friday, June 06, 2008
Thursday, June 05, 2008
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i mostly love merino and alpaca, recently started a love affair with bamboo
i dont like squeaky, sneezey and scratchy stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a della q needle case and my KP options binder....until i can get a cute one
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? march 2004, checked out every book, read them all then actually tried casting on
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? intermediate with a leaning towards advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yep on the side bar should be a link
5. What's your favorite scent? B&B velvet tuber rose and honeysuckle are my favourite things right now. i love lavender, apple, melon.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?yep. dark chocolate and violet hard candies...which i cant ever find anymore
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?you name, we do it.
and we know have 2 wheels and a loom heehee
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) punk pop. yep. anything with the eagles is good too :0)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Cobalt blue, Eggplant purple, Burgandy and Hunter Green. i dont like bubblegum pink.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? with 6 kids, who needs pets
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yep, cept the ponchos...which should only be warn by elementary girls and breastfeeding moms
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks n mittens
13. What are you knitting right now? 4 different socks are on the needles ;0) and wee tiny socks are very fun :0)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? absolutely, they are the best kind.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circular, love KP options and harmony
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday? passover
19. Is there anything that you collect? ladybugs, kids, yarn ofcourse
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? no subscriptions, but now that i am moving so far from town, i should get some. books are on my wishlist at amazon, i just bought a bunch of patterns, so i can not think of one at the moment
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? there is always something new to learn. i have a kumiomi disc, but have not tried it yet.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? 9"x9" :0) very detailed measurements ankle, heel, etc are somewhere on this blog
23. When is your birthday? this month :0) midsummer's day whoohoo!
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? yarnyenta
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
tali helping paint the room
blue stripes to tone down the green girl room, and look a lil more like wall paper.
'my only sunshine' for the hallway and upper tv area
beginnings of the wool room. it stil needs the border up. but this will be our spinning school and stashing room. it was once a garage if that gives you the scale of the room. around the corner to the right is shelving and a closet. plus another 8 feet behind the camera.
WHY ARE WE MOVING?
well lets see....
8 people, 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom vs. bigger bedrooms, Sam's office, wool/school room, 2 bathrooms... without an increase in our monthly payment. :0) oh and the half acre back yard and fenced front yard with roses and cherry, apple and apricot trees are a plus too.
it will add 12 min to sam's commute, but we are not worried about that. :0)
so have i got knitting to show you?
not so much. but i am the designer of the month for socktopia on ravelry so go find out what i am working on over there. :0)