claudia of "heal My Life" posed the questions. if you want to join in, floow the directions at the end of the post :-)
1. How long have you been knitting and how did you start?
after growing up crocheting, i was not going to let 2 sticks beat me. and i really wanted to knit socks. so i checked out all the knitting books. read them. returned them. got "stitch n bitch and figured it all out. now all the stuff i read when i recall it, makes sense.
2. If you had to pick only one book - which one has had the greatest impact on your life?
francios fenelon- the seeking heart
3. Of all the places you have lived, which was/is your favorite and which would you not return to even if someone paid you to go? prague and israel were my favourites. but i met my hubby in moscow so it is next on the list. i hate florida. it is the one place i have no desire to ever go back to. luckily my husband feels the same.
4. What lessons have you learned from your Grandfather?
until i was 15 i really didnt have a relationship with my grandparents. either grandfather or the 6 grandmothers. they were raising kids an aunt who is 5 yrs older than me, an uncle who is 3 yrs older and another 10 mons older) and juggling relationships. i have only lived near my family the last four years. which is why i make up any excuse to go to the shop and play with the tools with my grandpaw :-) i know how to use alot of power tools and can work with metals and woods. he has taught me alot about the local and our family history. and the last few years watching him go through a painful divorce and even have to defend me, have been great moments of love and sorrow. he never gives up. always sees things through. and always does every job the right way. no short cuts.
5. I see that you have a deep and abiding faith. So you feel your faith has influenced your blogging? If so, in what way?
i dont know if my faith does effect my blogging, because it is apart of everything i do. i wish i had more time to focus thought and write things out sometimes. for now i just blog about the things going on in our lives and the crafts that are wedge in there. :-) there are some wonderful devotional blogs out there.
but I will refer to tolkien who says "you can not keep G-d out of our stories". He is part of my story. so my faith will always be present some how.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME1. Leave a comment saying, "Interview me."2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. Beware, I'm not shy of asking personal questions! Please make sure I have your email address.3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.