1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i avoid sneezey stuff or plastic. acrylic that you dont know is acrylic is fine.... i love cascade 220, merino wool, malabrigio. knit picks is awesome! i dont do novelty very much. alpaca may be my favourite.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? a zip case nick gave me. and a sorry vinyl thing addi makes that is wornout,overstuffed
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? intermediate, just dangerous enough to get myself into trouble!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yep..think it is a link
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) moonlight path, white cherry blossom at bath and body. love lavender, green tea, cucumber
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Dark Chocolte, with hazelnuts even better. reeses pbcups.;-)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?every craft except altered books. how can any one kill a book like that!? Spun once 20 yrs ago, would love to do it again one day. maybe start with a drop spindle???
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) have mp3 capability. love music...see the list ofconcerts the last year or two we have gone too. i like air1, but wish they'd play harder stuff. my mama's hippie-folk, motown, my daddy's rock n roll...
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? i love greens, blues purples...would say i am anti-pink, but it creeps into my life...cuz of some girly girls.. i adore colour! but do avoid chartruese
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?1 husband, 6 kids, no pets although bella claims we had a dog who is dead...never had one! but she likes to tell the story...
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? mittens, scarves, hats....yep. have a poncho ;-)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now? baby socks, tali is allergic to latex/adhesive, etc...so thiswillbe a long term thing! (he stretchy elastic gives her blisters....) and alot of other things. curently in love with mittens! oh and cashmere socks for my aunt.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? love them!!!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? addi turbos, rosewood and ebony, and FrogSticks from costa rica
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes!!! yippeee
17. How did you learn to knit? checked out every book the library had on knitting. then cast on a year later. mar 2004
18. How old is your oldest UFO?oh, i found my clapotios from last year...half done. i ran out of stitch markers. made stitch markers, but for got about it
19. What is your favorite holiday? pesach, and any excuse to get together as a family...even half birthdays. seriously i make my husband crazy. "it's icecream day, let's go to cold stone to celebrate"!!!
20. Is there anything that you collect? ladybugs, wayward teenagers, crafty stuff i may never have time to use
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?i only have 'cast on" as it is part of the membership tkga master's course thingy. i want to eventually get ameillia riatte's sock trio patterns, ribby cardi from chick knits, eleanora socks ....i also have a gigantic wish list... ;-) oh fibertrends felted hedgehog...heehee
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? everything!!!!
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?yep. 9"x 9" ...lol!
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) MidSummer's Day ;-)