1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
admittedly, my tastes are snobbier than my check book. i make do with lion brands, but red heart is for the kiddos. i love merino wool
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
crocheted since i was 4
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a pitifully over stuffed viniyl circular case, DPN's in a russel crowe adorned case (pic of him knitting) and the chanukah motif case my mama made for me
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
March 2004. i am probably intermediate
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes, amazon linked on the side, knit picks one, too, on request
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
bath & body freesia or moonlight path, lavender, casswell massey lily of the valley
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Dark chocolate, hazelnuts,
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
scrapbooking, worked at a rubberstamp store so that too, any crafts really
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) mp3 & CD though i need to get another memory card for my mp3. i listen mostly to "christian" bands the more alternative and punk, also oldies, motown.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
i hate pepto pink but live in a house with a couple very girly girls...so i can tolerate it now, sometimes even appreciate it. i love green, dark purple, and cobalt blue
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
married with 6 kids, no pets. we tried a ferret once, but it kicked up the allergies. cats induce asthma attacks in the 3 yr old.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
um, yes. but hats only in winter
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
i eat up cascade 220, blue sky alpaca, and noro kureyon
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
shedding-fluffy-sneezey stuff or scratchy
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
i have too many knitting obsessions, cables, socks, baby things, felted clogs, the sophie.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
an endless green ribbed sleeve
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
addi circulars for most stuff
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
see above, add ebony and rosewood and bamboo. not crazy about brittany...too much friction, not enough speed. bryspuns are good too
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
sadly no. and i have many hanks in need of becoming yummy yarn cakes. i was going to use my joann's 40% online coupon, but they no longer carry them.
22. How did you learn to knit?
checked out stacks of books read them then read SNB and decided to actually try it
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
hmm the poor clapotios, ran out of stitch markers one day, need to get back to it
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
veggie tales, winnie the pooh, Strawberry Short Cake, koalas
25. What is your favorite holiday?
any excuse to celebrate! we even have half-birthday days, but i love Pesach/Passover best
26. Is there anything that you collect?
ladybugs, menorahs, wayward teenagers, CD's
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none, i schlep down the hill to the "big city" and by them
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
hmm ribby cardi, OSW; malbrigio, socks that rock, lorna's laces (none of which are carried here)
ebony DPN 6" and those knit hedgehogs for canada or the uk...not the funfur ones. my amazon list os mostly knit books
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
sooo many! i would like to make a lace shawl, latvian mittens, duplicate the socks i bought in estonia, figure out the drop spindle thing
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yep. about a shoe size 6-6 1/2. short wide feet w/ high arches 9" length
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
mid summer's day
it feels weird posting this before my SP6 box even arrives.