1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
of course we all love the higher end yarns. i prefer lionbrand to red heart especially microspun and my kids get my red heart stuff to mess with with a lot of lionbrand in packs at tuesday morning i am tempted to buy it...for something???
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
crocheted 25 years+ now, I want to spin, just dont live where i can learn from anyone
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
peaches, and my daughter reacts to cigarettes and some pets (ferret and cat)
4. How long have you been knitting?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Currently freesia from bath & body , and anything pear, cucumber or lavendar
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
yes, especially dark chocolate
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes to mp3's....love lots of music
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Rich colors greens, purples, blues
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Due in October with baby #6 (yes.... all have the same last name...) - no pets! are you kidding? with this many kids and a small house?
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
speak russian, watercolour paint, have happy kids, survive youth ministry
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Cascade 220, alpacas, knitpicks, lorna's laces, Cashmerino, K1C2 stuff
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Angora makes my nose itch( good excuse,huh?!), anything that you have to worry about ALOT of shedding or is very scrtachy
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, baby socks, hats, felted purses and clogs, CABLES and needle felting
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
ones that i get some say in, rather than ones for the store or other people
17. What are you knitting right now?
Alpaca/silk wrap, scarf for shelynn, mohair beret for lew, socks, felted clogs
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Great for nursing babies under ???
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project...where i am when i start it, and what i have with me.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
addi turbos, bambooo straights, bryspun straights, adore ebony of all kinds...am contemplating the bamboo sisters set from crystal palace (bamboo version of denise interchange-ables)
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
checked out every book, read them finally cast on with Stitch n Bitch
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
koalas, winnie the pooh, hello kitty, "remi"-itailian anime from 1970's
25. What is your favorite holiday?
any reason to celebrate is awesome, passover and the upcoming high holy days (rosh hashannah to yom kippur) are my favourites. being a jewish/pastor's kid/youth pastor's wife... we have ALOT of Holidays at our house
26. Is there anything that you collect?
ladybugs, stray teenagers, yarn
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none.poutingly i still race to barnes and noble before they sell out, it has happened before!
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
happy hooker, nicki epstein's flowers, the knitting heretic, for the love of knitting, Wrap style, handknit holidays, alterknits, twisted sisters sock workbook, lace from the attic, a gathering of lace and many more!
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
rogue (the girl from auntie) and her cable hat, one skein wonder, annie modesit's corset
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
my ankle circ. is 9" and my foot length is 9". Is that weird? short, wide foot, high arches. i love socks of all kinds (especially target's wild clearance socks...heehee). when i am sick, the first thing i pick out is some nice close fitting socks to wear while i recoop. Used to have tone of slouchy socks, now ankle socks fill my drawer.