1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I prefer lionbrand over red heart, put since i have begun knitting (crocheted forever) i have fallen in love with the higher quality yarns. my kids and youth group i give red heart to.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? i have crocheted since i was 4. and i carded wool and used a drop spindle once, would love to try it as an adult! ;-)
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) peaches, seriously. my daughter's asthma is triggered by smoke and animal dander-Cat
4. How long have you been knitting? just over a year-march 2004
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes...but i am not sure what it is under...heathrly at ya hoo dot com maybe?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) lavenader, pear, cucumber melon, rose
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? yes. chocolate, especially dark
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? scrapbooking,soapmaking, ribbon embroidery
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) all kinds of music, yes i now have an MP3!!!!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? dark green, eggplant purple, burgandy, cobalt blue-renaissance colours
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? 1 husband, 5.5 kids, no pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) to speak russian fluently, play flight of the bumblebee on my violin, learn botanical watercolour techniques, to have 6 happy kids who do not hate their mother, to survive youth ministry
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Sari/recycled silk, cascade 220 foe felting, tartelette kic2, everything else that you can knit with!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? angora makes me sneeze, but i still like it
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Cables, purses, baby socks, mommie socks
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? see above..and clapotios
17. What are you knitting right now? socks, kyoto, clap, fuzzy or felted purses for family members...sent one to my neice and now every one needs one , 24K diagonal belt
18. What do you think about ponchos? made one, done with that, but love to wear it
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? depends on the project
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? addi turbos, ebony, and bamboo
21. Are you a sock knitter? yes-usually on an addi 12" with short row heels so i dont have to swith to double points, or 6" dpn's for baby socks-looking for 4" ebony 'glove' needles for sock making, my lys has no appreciation for ebony needles ;-(
22. How did you learn to knit? checked every book on it out of the library read them all, got to stitch and bitch and actually cast on.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? i had to get my needles out of my projects, so only my kyoto from a few months back.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? winnie the pooh, remi-watched it in italy and still have a book from the series.
25. What is your favorite holiday? any reason to celebrate is and have family over
26. Is there anything that you collect? ladybugs, mary engelbreit,yarn
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? sadly none
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Knitting over the edge by nicki epstein -out in july, Confessions of a knitting heretic by annie modesitt