1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)?
Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
hmm. i love alpaca and wool,etc...- but i can appreciate the lower end yarns-little kids remember. i love homespun. but i buy plain red heart for the kids to use. we are fiber friendly here, we don't judge the yarn...we just accept it for who it is.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? every since i visited the colonial farm in maryland on a school field trip, and they had us card wool and use a drop spindle...i have wanted to try it. i was 4 and we were living in italy when my mom taught me to crochet. i have 25 yrs of crocheting under my belt now. (yes, i will be 30 in june!) i love thread crochet, and crocheting with beads.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) peaches...no,really, peaches. and i have asthma....react more to molds than smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? last week of march of 2004
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes but i think it may be books from my botanic illustration classes in denver. i should up date that i am sure.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) pear, cucumber melon, lavendar
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? yes, especially dark chocolate or hazelnut stuff...
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? rubberstamps(worked at a rs store so i have tons of rubber lying around....),scrapbooking, was given a soap making kit this week that i am excited about...anything crafty.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) living in the dark ages w/o an mp3. hmm, i listen to all kinds of music. i spent a day with hawk nelson. i love them! they are the best guys! schmoozed with falling up, and it is a known fact that if i had not married sam i would have married Micahel Tait of dctalk and tait. i am sure he remembers that i deliverd trays of fruit and oreos, that i sat in front of him as he worked the sound board for the newsboys, and all our other chance encounters. sorry michael, but i choose sam, don't feel bad...it was a close second.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
dark green, dark purple...eggplant, burgandy cobalt blue. i was told i sway between medival or victorian colors... but unloading the latest yarn into the store shelves i discovered i really just love COLOR!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? 5 kids ( tirzah-9, kezziah-8, malachai-6, jaden 5, zemeira aka "bella" - 2 1/2) , no pets...not til they clean their rooms on thier own can they have one....personally hoping for an alpaca.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) grow old with sam, raise confident kids who will never blame their mother or anyone else..., finish my botanic illustration classes, knit a sweater with insane cablesor a lace shawl like the one i bought in russia. continent hop for awhile.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Fun stuff, sparkles, or really soft
recycled sari yarn and lang fox..it is so soft!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? stuff that makes me sneeze or is scratchy...not wool scratchy..really scratchy
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? cables, mikado ribbon, felting things
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? fingerless gloves,hats,circular knitting on my 12" turbos. it is so much easier to make a sock that way!
17. What are you knitting right now? cable scarf, jam/polo scarf, homespun wrap for my boston cousin, mikado ribbon wrist warmers, baby booties from a d.bliss pattern, and another pixie hat for a friend's baby, a green squiggle mossy looking thing. an eros triangular scarf for this lady...is that all???
18. What do you think about ponchos? made 2 for the store but haven't done one myself yet...like long ones not the shoulder snugglers. been thinking about the berocco grace in their apple green glace'.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? depends on the project
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? love bamboo, dying for ebony, own some lovely turbo's,ok alot of turbos. they were my tax $ investment of last year.
21. Are you a sock knitter? yes. but they still need mates..heehee poor lonely socks!
22. How did you learn to knit? stitch and bitch book
23. How old is your oldest UFO? a crochet precious moments doll...don't ask!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? strawberry shortcake & hello kitty as far as an american, remi & "captain harlock" in italy-wanted to marry him... Koalas
25. What is your favorite holiday? oh hard one! we have lots of holiday celebrations, any excuse for a party. being jewish and a christian, i get a lot of holidays! i love passover, st.patrick's day,
valentines day, easter, purim,....
26. Is there anything that you collect? mary engelbreit, ladybugs, wayward teenagers
ok, so i was going to post this a few days ago...but i was worried it would get lost in the blogging...that i did not do. so here it is! Secret Pal~ don't stress about what you send. I am sure i will love it!